Happy Birthday, Stephanie!!!!
I hope this year is full of many wonderful things for you!
Thank you so much for Go Teen Writers. The blog has improved my writing in many, many ways. I’ve always loved to write, ever since I was old enough to hold a pen. But as I grew older, and my word-combining matured, I still never finished a book.
Looking back, I’m glad I didn’t. I didn’t know anything about plot, or character development, or story structure, or anything to make my stories an okay read. I still have much to learn, but thanks to Go Teen Writers, thanks to you, I have the beginning of a (and an ever-growing) writing toolbox that has certainly made my writing process more enjoyable, challenging (in a good way!), and stronger.
You have such a gift for giving information about writing to people in a way they understand it and make them feel included in the bubble of writers, which causes writing to be even more worthwhile. This is something I felt from the moment you replied to the email I sent you containing my first entry to your writing prompt contests. I was so nervous, never having done anything like that before, and then you – a published author – leaves a message in my inbox for me! The community you have developed is something very special.
I know GTW is hard work, but for the difference it’s made in my life, I am so grateful for everything you have given.
I haven’t finished my first book yet, but I am working towards meeting that goal. I can’t even attempt to emphasize how much God has used you and GTW to equip me for this journey. So thank you, Stephanie. Thank you for everything. I am so blessed and humbled to have learned from you. I thank God frequently for GTW!
May the Lord continue to bless and keep you, your family, and your work.
~Whitney
No comments:
Post a Comment