Monday, October 28, 2013

Thanks #24: Sarah Faulkner

Dear Stephanie,
I admire you as a sister in Chirst; I admire you for sharing your beliefs.
I admire you as a wife; I admire you as a mother.
I admire you as a writer; I admire you as a blogger.
I admire you as a mentor, and I admire you as a friend.

You have no idea what you have done for me through GTW.  Before I found you, I was this crazy 7th grader writing a novel because every bookworm has to try at least once.  Through GTW, I placed in my first writing contest.  I met and started hanging out with some awesome fellow teen writers.  I started a blog.

Go Teen Writers taught me what a log line was, that a query letter could be done, and the difference between passive and active writing.  It taught me what an agent was and why I needed one.  It taught me how to be a christian and a writer at the same time.  Go Teen Writers gave me confidence--not that my writing was good, but that good was achievable--in my words, my voice, and what I had to say.

Before I found Go Teen Writers, I was a teen writer with five whole chapters under my belt.  The only thing I knew how to write was a cliche.  Now, five years later, that first book is finished.  (At least for now.)  And so are my second and third books.  I've won two NaNoWriMo events, been blogging for over a year, and learned a lot more about writing.  And about myself.

Happy birthday, Stephanie!  I don't have a whole lot left to say except thank you.  Thank you for the work and the words that you've poured in to the next generation of writers.

With love,
Sarah Faulkner

Author of
Magic in Our Midst,
Side by Spies, and
My Ackilly is Killing Me

www.inklinedwriters.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment